Click to see full-sized images.
- Upgrades your optical microscope to one that features a digital camera
- Upgraded to be UVC compliant for broader application compatibility. It does not require any installation or set up of the driver.(July 2016)
- Easily displays digital images of large image fields on a computer from an ISO standard eyepiece of optical microscopes including phase-contrast microscopes and metallurgical microscopes or C-mount trinocular tubes by attaching a C-mount adapter
- Offers larger field of view (3 to 5 times), higher resolution, and higher responsiveness than conventional digital microscope cameras
- High-performance software with an "automatic edge detection function" that reduces the measurement error caused by personal equation (standard installation)
- Features GOKO's precise optical system
- Has a great reputation, especially amongst quality control departments (e.g., checks for defective products), national research institutes, and universities
- MADE IN JAPAN
Offers a large image field that is close in size to the object field seen through the eyepiece
The MVC-DU offers a larger image field (3 to 5 times) compared to conventional microscope cameras, which resolves common problems caused by the difference in size between the object field seen through the eyepiece and the displayed image field on a computer.
The MVC-DU features an optical system that is equivalent to a 10× eyepiece.
Easily mounted on optical microscopes with ISO standard eyepieces
The MVC-DU can be mounted on optical microscopes, such as stereo microscopes, biological microscopes (both upright and inverted), and even small monocular microscopes with an ISO standard 23.2 mm or 30 mm eyepiece (Olympus, Nikon, Leica, ZEISS, etc.) in order to upgrade them to ones that feature digital cameras.
The MVC-DU is popular among those who need a recording device in their microscope, or have difficulty obtaining films of instant cameras mounted on trinocular body tubes.
The MVC-DU can be mounted on optical microscopes in which the insertion part without the eyepiece is φ23.2 (principally biological microscopes) or φ30 (principally stereo microscopes), which satisfies ISO standard criteria. Please see below.
Made in Japan!
Features GOKO's precise optical system
A good optical system is essential for quality images. GOKO has a proud history of more than 60 years as a Japanese manufacturer of finished optical products, and we place considerable emphasis on developing fine optical systems and not just increasing the number of pixels. Our fine optical system realizes greater clarity and better quality.
Please see sample images.
The attached C-mount adapter enables easy mounting on a C-mount trinocular tube
The MVC-DU is easily mounted on trinocular microscopes by attaching the C-mount adapter.
The MVC-DU can be mounted on a trinocular tube, which has a C-mount thread cut and is not equipped with a lens for optimizing the angle of view or changing the projection magnification, by attaching a C-mount adapter in place of the spacer ring.
*Please confirm that the C-mount trinocular is not originally equipped with a lens for optimizing the angle of view or changing the projection magnification.
*The MVC-DU can be used as a USB-output camera by installing a CCTV lens to the C-mount and by replacing the spacer ring with a C-mount adapter.
High-performance software with the "automatic edge detection function" for reducing measurement error (standard installation)
The MVC-DU is equipped with GOKO's original image and measurement software "MacromaX GOKO Measure" that features the "automatic edge detection function" to reduce measurement error.
The "MacromaX GOKO Measure" software is extremely intuitive and easy to operate: just click on the menu icons. It can be easily calibrated using the attached calibration chart, measuring (distance, angle, etc.), and saving the calibration values as well. The "automatic edge detection function" effectively reduces user error.
Universities and research institutes
- The University of Tokyo (School of Engineering)
- The University of Tokyo (College of Arts and Sciences)
- The University of Tokyo (Faculty of Agriculture)
- The University of Tokyo (Faculty of Science)
- Graduate School of the University of Tokyo (Medicine)
- The University of Tokyo (Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine)
- The University of Tokyo (Pediatric Surgeons, Faculty of Medicine)
- Kyorin University Hospital (Plastic Surgeon)
- Graduate School of University of Tsukuba
- Ibaraki University (College of Agriculture)
- Gakushuin University (Faculty of Science)
- Kyushu University
- Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- Graduate School of Yokohama National University
- Graduate School of Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
- Kitami Institute of Technology
- Yokohama City University
- Chiba University
- Tokyo Kasei University
- Kyoto University (Faculty of Engineering)
- Kyoto Institute of Technology
- Soka University
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- National Institute of Animal Health
- National Institute for Materials Science
- Riken, Tsukuba Campus
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases
- Advanced Scientific Technology & Management Research Institute of KYOTO
- National Institute of Natural Sciences, Institute for Molecular Science
- National Center for Global Health and Medicine
And many others *No particular order
Model MVC-DU Image Sensor 1/4″ CMOS Color Camera 1.3 megapixels Electronic Shutter Automatic Displayed Magnification approx. 20 times as large as magnification of objective lens on SXGA monitor Frame Rate SXGA: 15 fps maximum
VGA: 30 fps maximum
Output USB 2.0 connecter for computer (Type A Male) Power Source DC5V, from PC through USB bus power, 200 mA and less Power Consumption 1.1W or less Operating Temperature 0 to +40 ℃ Dimensions External diameter: φ56 mm
Length: 130 mm (except protrusions or connecters）
Effective Diameter of Eyepiece ISO standard eyepiece, φ23.2 mm and φ30 mm Weight 360 g (approx.) Attachments 1.CD-ROM (driver and software)
Location of Manufacture Japan
OS Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
* Upgraded to be UVC compliant for broader application compatibility in July 2016.
* Contact us about other OS.
* Language is Japanese, and English translation is provided in the instruction manual.
CPU 2.0 GHz or more is recommended Memory 512 MB or more is recommended Recommended resolution 1024 × 768 pixels or more USB Port Built-in USB 2.0 Port (Not guaranteed to operate with USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 card) Chip Set intel is recommended
The above environment is just recommended and not guaranteed.
*Occasionally, the product does not operate because of incompatibility even under the abovementioned conditions. We do not indemnify any loss of data or malfunctions that are caused by incompatibility.
Specifications and design of the products are subject to change without prior notice.